Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. There is no additional cost to you if you decide to purchase, but I may receive a small commission. I promise I will only recommend things that I personally love or believe in. If I love something, I want to share that product or service with my community!
Please contact me if you have any questions, and thank you for your support!
Hello everyone! Have you ever wondered what a French press is? Don’t worry, I’m here for you!
Confession time! I’ve become a bit of a coffee “snob” since I started selling with Java Momma. We used to only have a Keurig machine. Not that’s there’s anything wrong with that, because it’s just two of us here, and sometimes we don’t want to make a ton of coffee that will just get cold.
When I started my Java Momma journey (more about that in a later post), we decided that if we were going to have high quality coffee at home, we needed a better way to brew said coffee.
Enter the French Press.
We basically exclusively use the French Press to brew coffee now. Some people think it’s complicated, but it really isn’t. The nice thing about Java Momma coffee is you can pick what grind you want when you order. We use French press primarily, so we buy French Press grind.
One of the things that I love about Java Momma is that when you select a coffee on the Java Momma site, there are options. You can order whole bean (and grind it yourself), auto drip grind (for regular drip coffee makers), or French press grind right at checkout! How easy is that!?
How Do I Use A French Press?
- Grab your French Press (we found a basic one at Target)
- Grab your coffee scoop (if you don’t have a coffee scoop, grab a Tablespoon measuring spoon)
- Put 3 scoops (6 Tablespoons) of coffee in the bottom of your French Press. (Do you need coffee? Go here!)
- Heat up your water to 200°. We use a kettle that has a thermometer built in that we found on Amazon (see below)
- Once your water hits 200°, pour enough water into the French Press to just wet the grounds, and let it sit for 30 seconds. This allows the coffee to “bloom”.
- Once your grounds have bloomed, pour the rest of the water in and let the coffee brew for 4.5 to 5 minutes.
- After the 5 minutes, press down the plunger on the French Press to get the grounds out of the way.
- Pour your coffee and enjoy!
L to R: Java Momma Unicorn’s Blend coffee, fixings, French Press. Front: one of my favorite mugs, the Marauder’s Map from Harry Potter world in Universal Studios Florida
Let me know if you have any questions, or if you need a coffee hookup! Or better yet, join my group, here!